Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      hurtnomore
      Participant

Hi All,

My ex texts and calls now and again ( when he feels like it ) for some reason he still has it in his head that we are together even though i have said many times we are not.. ( we never lived together.) anyway just wanted some advice.. do you think complete no contact is easier? and how did you do it? did you tell him you were cutting contact or did you just do it out of the blue? Hes done nothing but upset me recently and then i go through all the emotions of i wonder what he is doing who he is with etc etc all his ” im going to change” rubbish.. just want these feeling to go away i guess i know that if i block that it really is over although i want it to be theres part of me thats still unsure as its early days 🙁 xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there. If its early days and you are on a webiste for domestic abuse, i would say to run for the hills. Run and dont look back. Send one final text saying it is over and you dont wish any further contact from him. Then block his number. If he persists then a warning from the police might be your next step. Stay alert. These men dont go easily x

hurtnomore
        Participant

Hi Kip,

Thank you for the reply! Bu early days i mean early days of leaving :(. I know i need to do this ita just so hard to stay away! I think blocking him may be for the best its just a really big step for me getting rid of the communication xx

KIP.
      Participant

Try to block him for 24 hours at at time. That way it doesnt seem so daunting. Do 24 hours, then another 24 hours and so on. I know the anxiety this causes but the longer it goes on, the easier it becomes. Keep yourself distracted by keeping busy. Come on here if you think you might weaken x

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Heya, if you have no kids and you feel u to it take KIP’s advice!

He will keep fishing to see if he can hook you back in; don’t leave yourself emotionally exposed to his toxicity. Get out of the water to safety.

Good luck, you can totally do this xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content