Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Whatislove
      Participant

So I’m out (detail removed by moderator) & I feel amazing!! (detail removed by moderator) has fielded emails & consulted me on arrangements for the kids, I filed for divorce yesterday & I feel liberated. A low shaky moment was giving my 5 reasons for ‘unreasonable behaviour’ where I had to detail everything that had happened. But I keep getting positive epiphanies about how over it is for me. How I don’t care what he’s doing, what he feels, where he is, only that I feel FREE! Bearing in mind Iv left so many times before I have never felt like this. And yes, I may have low moments to come (I don’t look forward to them) and yes, he may kick off once he receives the divorce petition. But having him blocked on everything & someone else dealing with contact has totally taken away any emotional tie and any guilt I once felt. It’s totally over. It’s dead to me. And I can’t thank everyone on here enough. You helped me get out, you championed me through it, you showed me that it isn’t me that’s the horrible one, you gave me comparison with your own awful stories. And that all has meant so much. Thank you all for your part in saving my life & sanity and for giving my children their strong mother back.

KIP.
      Participant

Power to you. You’re the one doing all the hard work. Expect him to break your no contact as they cannot stand being ignored. They are your boundaries and I’d involve the police if he attempts contact. Everything can be done via solicitors now. Keep a journal and write down these feelings because it’s only natural you will have down days and it will be good to read your post back on those days. You will only get stronger with no contact x well done you. Your kids will be proud of you and it sets a great example that nobody is allowed to abuse you or them and they should walk away from abuse not think that it’s normal.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Whatislove,

Congratulations! What an amazing post to read. I’m so happy to hear how far you have come and how you are feeling now. What an inspirational journey and thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Stay strong and keep posting.

Best wishes,
      Lisa

diymum@1
      Participant

You have more strength than u know. Mumma power 💪💕we pull out all the stops in the name of our kids xx you will have some bad days and when u do we’re here 🙂your out and that’s the hard bit and Uve been so resilient xx you might be tempted to contact him or he might bate you to respond. Do nothing it’s always an option always think things through first and talk it over. Never act on a knee jerk. If you get triggered which you probably will let it pass remind yourself these guys are all hot air and no action xx you’ll be just fine 💪🙂😘

diymum@1
      Participant

It’s like being in the brownies always be prepared xx 😘 one step ahead

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content