Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      MovingTarget
      Participant

Hello,

I’m new and wrote my situation in the Welcome forum.

Parental Alienation has now become Parental and Grandparental. My grandson is (detail removed by moderator) My daughter lives (detail removed by moderator) away (just around the corner from her father of course).

I drove up to see them for a week, got back (detail removed by moderator) and we were talking all the time online for a few days, completely normally..

Then (detail removed by moderator) I can’t even remember what I did wrong but I have been told by her to “just go away”, what a horrible, self-centred, negative, delusional person I am who just blames everyone and everything else for how miserable I am (I wasn’t until now).

(detail removed by moderator) He added to the drama between my mother and I (didn’t cause it), kept me from my daughter and tormented me psychologically, and now is at it with my grandchild involved. Four generations. (detail removed by moderator).

The law can’t help me – there’s no physical violence. Last year I saw him and thought it was over. There is no light at the end of this tunnel though.

I don’t know what to do and feel like just moving overseas and being done with it all (detail removed by moderator)

I’ve stayed away from men for years because all my relationships were toxic. So I’m alone and I just cannot fathom how someone can be so cruel.

SingleMomSurvivor
      Participant

Hi Moving Target. My heart aches for you and I am so so sorry this man has put you through such hell. It truly is shocking how cruel and evil abusers can be and how long they will continue on with their abuse. I was just commenting in another post that I couldn’t understand why my ex of several years is still continuing on with his silent treatment and other abusive tactics even though we are no longer together. It makes no sense to someone like you or me because we are not abusers. Abusers are capable of a level of deceit and cruelty that is truly unfathomable to you or I. I am so so sorry that he has alienated your daughter & grandkid from you. The pain you must feel! My advice is to pour into yourself in as many ways as possible. Love on yourself, turn your attention to you, the things you love and the things that bring you joy. You are right in that as of now, there is nothing you can do to change your daughters opinion and it sounds like her father has unjustly influenced her. Pour all that energy into yourself. Work to rediscover what brings you joy. It’s easier said than done I know, but you deserve a life full of love and laughter and peace and happy moments.💜

MovingTarget
      Participant

Thank you SingleMomSurvivor..

It really is unfathomable to me. This is now the fourth generation he’s affecting in my family.

(detail removed by Moderator) I got a couple of messages from “her” and “she” (detail removed by Moderator). No pics or videos of the baby and we’d normally talk on and off all day. The worst though was the few messages I did get I just started crying because what I mostly felt was suspicion – was it him or her? The trust has gone for now 🙁

I’ve been talking to my dad and my sister-in-law (mother of my nephews and sons of my deceased brother). My dad and his wife, and SIL are nice, “normal” (non-toxic) people and things are so easy!

Dad’s trying to keep me focused on things like the (detail removed by Moderator) – and it is important to me because I was pretty close to my brother and those boys are all that’s left of him – but the thing with the others is like that rotten feeling you get in the pit of your stomach after a break-up which just lurks and is ready to pounce.

I’ll go to the shops this morning and probably buy some craft stuff – jewellery making and that sort of thing. I love to sit here creating things and listening to music.. When I’m not staring blankly at the wall in disbelief :\

Cheers,
      MT x

MovingTarget
      Participant

More today. I’m dealing better with it now but I have to keep moving photos around because if I go to look for something and see a pic I feel sad.

I hate him for doing this. Trying to take MORE from me. Well at the moment he is taking it. My feelings run very deep for some things so when I say hate, I mean I sort of snarl when I think about him. From a Gary Numan song:

At the end when your God forgets you
      Does a moment of truth touch the heartless?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content