Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      sparkleandshine
      Participant

I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the workplace and how they have dealt with abuse. I have quite a high powered job and my ex worked for the same place but in a different position. I had made my boss aware of the fact I was being abused and initially she was very supportive. However after I finally left him, he was so angry he put in a formal complaint about me to my employer saying I’d done all sorts of things I hadn’t done. My workplace and my boss stepped away from me completely and offered no support. When I pointed out the fact they knew I was being abused for a long time they said that unfortunately the reputation of the company was at risk and they couldn’t have that happen.

I was banned from going to work for (detail removed by moderator) was told I had to get permission to see work friends in a personal capacity and was told that the night I was physically assaulted in public, it was me who had brought the organisation into disrepute. They were concerned my ex would go to the press.

After the investigation they found me innocent of the allegations made, however removed me from my workplace anyway saying it had become too messy and my ex had ‘created a storm’. I was moved elsewhere in the organisation but have been stripped of many of my responsibilities. He no longer
      Works there but seemingly through his own choice. It’s left me so disappointed that domestic abuse can be treated with such disregard. I feel so let down.
      Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content