Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

Unless your interested? in knowing what was meant to be another form of support! 💞

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

I don’t think it was a stupid idea! I think you are trying to unite people wherever possible to help them – thank you. For versions reasons people might not feel comfortable but it doesn’t mean it was silly to think of x

Eggshells
      Participant

It really wasn’t a stupid idea. I think that what is really clear is that lockdown is isolating us and we are looking for ways to reach out. We’re social creatures and we need to have human to human contact that doesn’t have a keyboard in between.

What’s also become really clear to me is that no-one really gets it quite like we do.

My old keyworker left and my new one was not able to support me in any way, shape or form. She said that she wasn’t allowed to meet me, even with social distancing measures in place. In fact, I had to get through a very tough time without any help from her what-so-ever and when I did make a decision, she just critised it. Like I said, no-one else really gets it.

It’s not surprising that we’re all looking for ways to know each other for real. The trouble is, we’ve been through so much and we’re scared. For now, it feels like the abusers win again.

Eggshells
      Participant

Ps. If you’re still going for it Hazydayz then so am I. xx

You never know, we might be living in the same street. That would be amazing…. unlikely but amazing. 💕

Hazydayz
        Participant

Yes! Eggshells, it was a good idea wasn’t it! Neighbours? Yes maybe? Only way to see maybe? if one in the street? being or having been a victim of abuse. Lots of curtain twitchers not there? Seeing or hearing a thing! It seems.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content