Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      lostandbroken
      Participant

He got away with it 😟

Not enough evidence and he lied through his teeth. I’m devastated!

Now I’m sat here thinking it was all my fault. That nobody believed me about what he did to me.

Where’s The justice for us women 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

I’m sorry for the outcome. Please believe you did nothing wrong. You held him to account and it’s not your fault there wasn’t enough evidence. If the crown have decided not to prosecute him then you have the right to ask for that decision to be reviewed. If he got off at court then you did your best. I bet he was quaking. He will think twice in future X

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am sorry things turned out badly for you, but sometimes the biggest thing that goes against us is lack of evidence or he says she says. As Kip says there is nothing stopping you from getting them to review their decision or giving you their reasoning in more depth x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I did not get the justice i deserved either as not enough evidence .keep strong hun . Ive wrote to the police board and issued a complaint . Its not our fault . My ex is a socialpath narc. My ex made me do illegal thungs also .i wont stop fighting us women hugs x

Nova
      Participant

Lost&Broken.i admire women like you, you did your best, your strong and you inspire women like me, to go forward with prosecutions of hideous abusers.

Good on you! Keep going xC

lostandbroken
      Participant

Thank you so much for your replies!! I think I’m just in shock, I honestly thought he would be charged with something. He might have won the battle, but il win the war!! I walked away from him, I damaged his ego.

(detail removed by Moderator)I still feel vulnerable.

I’m now back to the stage of thinking about him constantly, missing him and the few good times.

This healing of trauma is the worst. I just want to be in a place where I can live a second of my day where I’m not anxious and over thinking.

Hope all you ladies are ok xx

Nova
      Participant

L&B…
      You faced up to him, in court, and told all, that takes enormous bravery. Seriously I am in awe at women like you..I want to do that, I have no idea where to begin, to collect past evidence (that’s another thread)

This is a very difficult part, reliving the good times, and this keeps me also awake at night. The trauma bonding

However first I remind myself of the fear he created in me, on many levels, silencing, shouting, ignoring, excluding etc etc …then I have posted on another thread, a list of some of the extremely annoying habits he had, which also add to his hideousness…I’ll write them down and look at them to remind myself, he’s not who he makes out to be he’s evil. It’s still tough though no doubt about that.

Hugs C x

Jupiter
      Participant

I know the pain outrage and frustration that comes with no justice when you have been wronged and survived so much.
      Not one crumb came my way either concerning my childhood my nasty ex or my rapist doctor leading to the loss of my children years ago when I was a victim.
      However I say that our truth exists in us and all around us -truth lives in the ether so it can never be wiped out even when we think they have got away with it.A woman once told me that God pays debts without money no matter how long it takes and I think this is very powerful-not to be forgotten by women survivors who know the true meaning of life in our struggles. Our time will come thats for sure!
      In the end goodness triumphs over evil and I wouldnt want to be in the abusers shoes overwhelmed with their dirty mind games .When you have been in pain you really appreciate what bliss is….
      We must never give up..good things are round that corner…
      Jupiter

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content