Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Harriet123
      Participant

Apparently no one cares about the abuse you went through when it comes to your ex getting access to your child. As long as he’s not put a bruise on her body he’s considered safe and because he’s not getting plastered at the moment, everything is fine. Apparently gambling addictions is only being dishonest.

Why do children get failed so much when you literally give all the evidence to prove everything you say and show that danger is more than just physically hurting a child.

What is enough for people to see what a person is really capable of?!

My ex has got away with everything and it’s looking like that is going to continue. I’m finding it so difficult to cope at the moment, all of the anxiety my ex has brought me and knowing it’s never going to end.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Harriet123,

I can feel how frustrated you are with this situation and it’s totally understandable. You’ve worked really hard to keep your child safe, it’s awful to not be properly heard. Unfortunately, there is still work to do in spreading full awareness of domestic abuse and the damage it causes. Abusers are often very good at hiding their true natures by manipulating how they are seen.

I’m sorry you’re finding it so difficult to cope right now. There’s a lot of accumulated experience on this forum of women who co-parent with abusers and will understand what you’re going through. That doesn’t make it right but there is support for you here so carry on reaching out when you need.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

StrongLife
      Participant

I’ve had this same issue – he had so many issues that were addiction and police matters which were not taken into account.

This seems typical. Not sure what they take into account but it’s ridiculous and seperates children from parents.

It need reform – I have seem murmurs of a few reforms recently where I am but it does not go far enough

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content