Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Neueranfang
      Participant

I left my abusive Ex a few months ago and I’m struggling.He hasn’t given me any money for our two children and I’m absolutely skint.
      I don’t have any friends or family to help me out.I’m running out of electricity, gas and food.I’m working full time but had to pay a big sum for childcare at the beginning of the month in order to go to work as my Ex partner’s mother won’t help me out now.Everything is just left to me.
      I can’t take a loan out because my credit score is so low down to him.
      It is not fair.I don’t know where to turn to

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel… Neueranfang,
      I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling like this.
      Do you have anything in place legally that your ex should be paying towards your children together? If so can this not be looked into as to why you aren’t receiving anything.
      It’s great that you are working and doing the best you can for your children.
      Have you tried to use a local food bank or approached your local church for financial support. I am sorry I don’t know to much about this but they do have funds in place for those in need, or may at least be able to point you in the right direction or have certain people in the community who can help you out short term.
      Stay strong
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

KIP.
      Participant

Talk to your local women’s aid. Talk to citizens advice. The government have emergency grants available. Have you approached the child services agency to force him to pay for his children?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, perhaps you could approach your children’s school/s… they have safeguarding or pastoral leads who are there to assist with child wellbeing. They may be able to help you even if it’s just helping you find or get referred on to the right advice and services who can help x

Neueranfang
      Participant

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.
      I will look into it but I only needed a little help to tie me over until payday.I should be ok with my wages just had these very high, unexpected childcare costs to deal with in order to continue working full time.
      Very stressful day but my Ex partner’s sister helped me out.I did feel horrible asking but she didn’t mind.x*x

ISOPeace
      Participant

Hi there Neueranfang, I’m sorry to hear how difficult things are for you.

If you need more help, there’s a charity called Surviving Economic Abuse that I’ve seen mentioned on here. Also, some banks are pretty clued up on domestic abuse and might be able to help. I read that some have created a new teams for domestic abuse to ensure their staff are trained up on it. xxxx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content