Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      CutieSunshine
      Participant

Hi ladies. I stayed awake again as my mind was going into overdrive last night then when I did fall a sleep I had a nightmare about my ex parents who was saying how great their was son was to me and it was all in my head. I just really wondered if counselling really helps or is this just something that will go in time and then I got out of bed and started dry reaching again

Savingmyself
      Participant

Morning sun
      Sorry you are not sleeping well I am only getting about 3 hrs
      You know he was not great to you
      He might be great with them as an act as that what he wants them to believe
      My ex was the greatest bloke around with his mates and family but behind closed doors he was a cheat and an abuser . Let him go and be great with them we know what they were with us
      Big hugs xx

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Morning to you both – I can sympathise with you both – I was going through a period of not being able to sleep, then had a few days of doing nothing but sleep.
      I’m trying really hard now to stay awake all day and then be tired enough at night and ready to sleep.

I too still have dreams about my ex and his family – I wouldn’t call them nightmares, but even now X years down the line – WHY are him and hid family still creeping in to my dreams………

And you are quite right Savingmyself – he might convince others how nice a man he is – but WE will always know the TRUTH and we will always know what he did even if he won’t admit it himself.

CutieSunshine
      Participant

His whole family was bullies. the mother who is in an elderly lady told me that if she was younger she would of hit me herself. That’s why I call them nightmares. I remember saying to my ex that I wish everyone knew what you’ve done to me. I felt like making a video and putting all the abusive text when he threaten to hurt me and photos of all the bruises / injuries on Facebook telling girls not to trust him . I took photos as I knew after X years he would call me a liar so I started to keep evidence but then what sort of person does that make me ?

Savingmyself
      Participant

I think It makes you a strong smart women wow I’m so glad your away from all of them
      I have kept texts and photos too if they threaten you any more you could let them know the police will be informed

It’s time now for us to start really healing from these abusers and to start taking the very best care of us now . It’s our time now ladies
      Let’s make 2016 a safe kind and caring for us year . No more abuse

Hugs cutie and Mum xx

CutieSunshine
      Participant

I am reading this really good book called no contact like a boss , you can get on Amazon or iTunes. It has really helped me stay strong

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content