Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

When I was a child after what happened, maybe even before? I can’t remember, because it was so long ago. I never got a cuddle when I needed it, never got told I was loved, always felt guilty like it was my fault what happened and that’s why no one loved me. It’s affected me all my life I am able to say this now. I tried to be the best loving mum I could be but I must have failed. I’m now also aware that all of this has affected my mental health. I couldn’t see it for years until I started to have problems with my husband I believed. But if I’m honest I asked myself what’s wrong with me, when I started to lose my relationship s with my grown up girls, after 3 lifetimes of loving them all. Now my past has ruined my future it feels.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

sending love and hugs, this sounds so tough. I hope you can feel the support for you here. Don’t give up, you are still on this journey, its not over yet.

warmest wishes

ts

Hazydayz
        Participant

Thankyou ❤️ I’m struggling.

Mom of two
      Participant

I can so relate! After a childhood of terror and fear its almost impossible to be able to parent the next generation. Are you still married and do you still have contact with your kids?
      I am going for therapy and one of my goals is to get my mom out of my head and another is to give my children to opposite of what I got!
      Are you getting any help?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content