Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thefallingbird
      Participant

Me and my ex partner split (detail removed by moderator) ago, we have a small child together. I have received nothing but more harrasment. The relationship itself was constantly walking on egg shells, leaving family and friends behind, I was alone, unhappy an he would punch and break things. Never physical. He would scream that I needed to see a gp something isn’t right with my head, he would shout, ignore m, accuse me of having affairs. I finally plucked up the courage to apply for a non mol order a few months out of the relationship has I still receive verbal abuse and threats when he comes to collect the little one. This has been granted by the judge but I cant help feeling guilty, mixed emotions. Over text message he is civil but if I answer a call or it’s in person hes abusive. Is it normal to feel this way, we are due in court soon and the nerves are eating me up, I struggle to sleep and eat but put an act on in front of my loved ones. I cant help but feel like will this ever end will I be free

KIP.
      Participant

Abusing you in front of your child is child abuse. Do you have support from your local women’s aid. Can you use a third party for contact? You do not need to put up with his abuse. ArE you keeping a detailed journal of his behaviour?
      You’re going to feel all sorts of emotions but he will never be reasonable and has already shown you he will use your child to continue the abuse. We are programmed by our abusers to feel guilt. They keep us in a FOG of abuse Fear Obligation and Guilt. Guilt is a powerful tool but you have nothing to feel guilty about x

Thefallingbird
      Participant

Thankyou, I feel like it’s an in going battle with my head. The police have got me in touch with a few organisations and I’m currently going through the non mol procedure hoping soon I’ll have some sort of peace of mind x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content