Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I need to arrange an appointment with a lawyer to sort out a non molestation order to try to stop the harassment from an abusive parent. But I feel swamped, tired and overwhelmed by the thought of doing it. I’ve not been believed by other professionals (therapists poorly trained in domestic abuse issues) as to the extent and distress caused by this harassment. They didn’t actually want to read the evidence for themselves – how stupid is that for people trained to help others deal with difficult emotional issues! I have anxiety that the lawyers won’t believe me either even though I’ve heard them speak at (detail removed by moderator) events and know there are some out there that ‘get’ domestic abuse, in all its guises.

I know I must, the harassment is getting worse, it’s not far off, in my view, from becoming a death threat – where do they get so much hate towards women from?? Why should I have to devote my own time and money to stop something that isn’t my fault. This makes me angry and upset.

KIP.
      Participant

What you can do is make it absolutely clear to the that any further contact from them will be viewed as harassment and reported to the police. Then when they continue to contact you, you can show the message to the police and ask them to warn them. That way you won’t have to pay for a solicitor, and you wont have to read their reply or objections x contact women’s aid for support x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content