Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jsscollie
      Participant

Hi, solicitor has advised me to file an application for a non-molestation order and an occupation order. Has anyone got any experience of doing this? How did it go? The idea of the written statement is daunting but the court appearance sounds more scary.

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

When I applied for mine I didn’t say a word in court.

My sol and I went on a ‘without notice’ hearing which meant that we rocked up at court without an appointment. My papers went in front of a judge who read them at his pace. When he’d made a decision we were called into court and told. We were in the actual court room for no more than 5 mins.

On preparation for your statement, start writing down the things he does.

Good luck

jsscollie
      Participant

Thanks – I’ve been trying to keep a record of the most recent things. I think I’m still in a place where I find it hard to justify that the things he says/does are abusive but as the only other alternative is moving out one night when he’s away, i’m going to have to be brave and try this.

Ayanna
      Participant

The best way to do is is to ring the NCDV.
      They will interview you over the phone. They have specific questions that are suitable for the court. Then they will help you write the application. They will also support you get an emergency court date for the orders.
      It cost me £ 100 to do the whole thing without a lawyer.
      I obtained a non molestation order and an occupation order for him.
      If you are eligible for legal aid they will give you a lawyer who guides you through the entire process from start to finish.

Serenity
      Participant

I did it the same way as Ayanna x

jsscollie
      Participant

Thanks all. (detail removed by Moderator) One of the toughest things I’ve found is being really honest about how bad his behaviour makes me feel, part of me almost wants to apologise for saying these things. It’s part of the cycle I guess.
      x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content