Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Bruisedbutbrave
      Participant

My lovely girls gang

I am a survivor and learning to relive my life again
      After years of abuse,both before marriage and after ,you accept so much abuse as normal behaviour that its get hard to untangle
      I am learning to live my life again
      Its like I am reborn
      I am at the phase of crawling
      I will need time and lot of inner healing to get to the stage where I can run ,be free and independent
      Be in charge of my life

I had and still having very hard time with justic system
      It’s all a robotic exercise
      With very little understanding of domestic abuse
      Lack of real empathy

After spending thousands of pounds and all my savings,I still didn’t get non molestation

I want to help others
      I will be starting a petition that non molestation order fee be scrapped for domestic abuse victims
      It should be free

(detail removed by moderator)

KIP.
      Participant

I got mine through a charity and they paid for it. I thought in England and Wales the fee is waived for abuse victims however it’s the solicitor that costs loads and especially if he contests it, like mine did. My argument is why should I pay for something that the law should provide. The criminal system should protect us. Maybe that’s where the change needs to come. There’s a new domestic abuse bill going through Parliament. Non mols should be automatic with every incident of domestic abuse x it’s the most revictimised of all crime so it would save on police time and court time etc. If it prevents even one repeat of abuse. It would also give women the space they need for the fog to clear x

KOTB
      Participant

Hi I don’t know whether this is against the guidelines but
      http://www.referdirect.org.uk
      http://www.assist.uk.net
      0800 970 2070
      Offer free injunction services ( non mol orders, occupation orders and prohibited steps orders.)
      I havnt used them but my IDVA gave me the info.

KOTB

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi KOTB

I had a look at those links your IDVA gave you and it looks like they are both services through the NCDV for the police or a professional to apply for a non molestation order on behalf of a survivor. However the number for the NCDV is the right number for a survivor to call to apply for an injunction.
      There is also another charity called DV Assist who survivors can contact directly to apply for a non molestation order.

Take Care

Lisa

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Ncdv certainly didn’t do free non-mols.

They take all your details then refer you for legal aid application.

I was extremely frustrated by them. They wont tell you this up front,only after extensive detail and wasted time. Exasperating.

Paying the court direct for the application and ahing for an audience with a judge to review your application got me an immediate non-mol ex-parte (where he’d have to make a separate application to contest, i.e. not automatic right). Was the best advice i ever had.

It cost me the court fee only.

Call rights of women, or the rcj line for free legal advice on next steps.

Warmest wishes

TS

Twisted Sister
      Participant

It’s also worth knowing that non-mols can be very effective deterrent, especially when power of arrest attached.

Although, not for all, some may ignore, and some, like mine can be further enraged by them (seeing them as having removed their entitlements to civil liberties).

But the ex-parte means it can be done without involvement of the abuser.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

https://www.gov.uk/injunction-domestic-violence
      Its free, according to the govt website link above, which also detail how to do it.

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Hi, It is free I’ve used that form.

The advice on rights of women is invaluable in completing it.

I guess a lawyer to do it for you is where cost could come in.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content