Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #147934

      Just looking for a bit of advice from you wise women…

      I am living in the same house as my emotionally abusive husband, who I am in the process of divorcing.

      He acts as if I don’t exist most of the time, even in front of the kids.

      There are a couple of (non-physical) instances where he has been cruel and particularly critical of me as mum recently, but it’s mainly the ignoring that is getting to me. Plus he’s being so difficult with moving forward with the divorce.

      Solicitor has mentioned a non molestation order as an option, but thinks maybe we aren’t there yet.

      Just wondering if any one has any experience of this in the context of non-physical abuse? What would I need evidence to show?

      Thank you!

    • #148131
      Stuck in The mud

      Hi I gained a non molestation order on my husband after he was arrested. You can get one if still living together it protects you from abuse and can result in arrest if terms are broken . Speak to womens aid who will give you solicitors contact info to discuss .Non molestation orders are free but do require going to court , they last 1 year but can be extended with proof of risk .I also got an occupancy order to prevent him coming back to the house .Mine was during Covid so had telephone court which was less stressful

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content