Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Workingonit
      Participant

My family don’t get it. They don’t want to really hear it and anything I say they’re response is always ‘(detail removed by Moderator) you’re better off now’. And friends say they want to help but if I start to share they just become uncomfortable. I can’t share with anyone and it’s breaking me.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Workingonit,

I am more than happy to hear what you have to say and need to say outloud. You are safe and have a voice here. We are all in this together, it makes it less isolating? Right? I feel I can’t share how I’m really feeling with anyone or talk about my ex, so it’s supressed and that’s really hard. It isn’t healthy to suppress it, I will listen to you.

If that feels comfortable, drop me a message 🙂 xx

Sending so much love and hugs.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Workingonit

It’s really hard when people don’t want to hear it. There can be all sorts of reasons. For some it just too close to home, others don’t get it and can’t even begin to connect because it’s all so alien, others feel uncomfortable because they just don’t know how they’re supposed to respond.

I have some very good and supportive friends but I’ve learnt not to tell them the details. I save that for the forum where the women understand and know what to say and for counsellors who are trained to hear this stuff without being embarrassed or horrified or scared of what we tell them.

What we go through is pretty horrendous. Friends just don’t know what to do with what they are hearing from us.

The forum is always here for you. xx

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’ve tried talking to people in the family about all the stuff going on and they just tell me I’m wrong . They don’t even live here with me . They don’t see what I see . They don’t have to endure what I endure .I just don’t know anymore . When even your family don’t trust your word. Thanks alot family .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Hi working on it , I’m sorry to hear that you have no support also . I think its coming to something when no one around you wants to know . I feel for you I really do . All we want is for our family or friends to be supportive it’s not much to ask . This kind of situation is never easy . I’m so sorry you are going what you are going through. Take care x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content