Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

It’s so important- as you get stronger, I think ( only when you are stronger- you can’t run before you can walk) to try to mix with ‘normal’ people.

Our abusers are selfish and they withhold help and affection.

After my BBQ, one male guest had returned because it bothered him that my sink kept blocking. He’s fixed it.

My ex left it for (detail removed by Moderator) years.

Another male friend has taken my youngest to a football match. He thought my son would come it. My ex gad plenty of opportunity ( (detail removed by Moderator)) and never did. You can get tickets as cheap as £10 for kids. My ex was too cheapskate for even that.

To me, life is building good memories. That’s all that’s important. My ex denied us, hated us for wanting a colourful life.

He will be buried with his money.

All I know is, men who aren’t even my husband or my kids’ dad are far more caring towards us than my ex was.

Anonymous
      Inactive

There are some nice, decent men out there Serenity. I saw a couple today that I know. She is terribly ill with cancer that is spreading. He is totally devoted to her care and well being. From the body language and actions that is plain to see. Small subtle things, offering her a seat, holding her bag, spending time with her, standing face to face talking and listening to each other, showing genuine concern for his wife’s health. It is lovely to see, this is a good man. If I had developed such an illness, well this was a large part of why I ended it. I knew I just could not rely on him to be there for me if the chips were down. He couldn’t handle the abnormal, difference, stress, illness, he just could not handle it, he would be off. You dont need that when there is a chance in old age you could fall ill and be really needy.

Ayanna
      Participant

I do not know any normal people. Even the females I know have agendas and are a bit sickheaded. I rather keep myself to myself.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content