Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

I am in a newish relationship- it has all been very good for the most part… but starting to see red flags!
      -inappropriate jokes
      -disrespecting a boundary (previously discussed and was very clear)
      – forcing me to touch in a joking playful way!
      I have told him it has made me very uncomfortable to be around him… he’s apologised and sounds remorseful….
      I’m not sure what to do… get out or give another chance?
      Sorry can’t give much more detail most part of relationship has been lots of green flags so I’m feeling confused 😐

SingleMomSurvivor
      Participant

Hi Aliceinwonderland. My opinion is that you should get out of this relationship. He’s displayed 3 major red flags- disrespecting your boundaries even though you clearly stated them, forcing you to touch him (which is also a serious boundary violation), and telling jokes that make you uncomfortable (and my guess is that he knows they are making you uncomfortable & is getting pleasure out of it). You deserve a relationship where your emotional & physical safety & boundaries are protected & respected.

You deserve to be in relationship where there aren’t any red flags that you are having to sort through. Trust yourself & what your gut is telling you. And remember that having a mixture of nice behaviors & mean/cruel behaviors is an intentional move on the part of abusers. They do this to keep us confused. Trust yourself. You deserve so much better than this.❤️

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content