Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Birdsstillsing01
      Participant

I’ve been away for a few years now from the really bad one and met a guy at start of the summer who I really clicked with. We had lots in common and I really liked him. So was brave and we started dating, it was great at first and we got to know each other’s families and were having a lot of fun. But then we had difficult chat one night about how we raise kids, he had very different opinions to me, his kids older and mine still young. He was very dominant in the discussion and I really didn’t like it. Lots of patriarchal stuff came out and I realised he wasn’t the man for me. I was gutted though as had really developed feelings for him. But I can’t be with someone with those views. There were other things too that made me uncomfortable so I made the decision to end the relationship.
      He was furious and (detail removed by moderator) I feel unsafe again and absolutely gutted that I somehow picked another bad guy. Even though I really thought he was a good one.
      Though I am proud of myself for recognising the signs this time and for listening to my gut and ending the relationship.
      But I just hate that this has happened and that this guy did this. (detail removed by moderator)
      What a mess and just so gutted. I keep feeling sick and can’t sleep or rest knowing this has happened.
      Any advice?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your post, I’m sorry to hear about your situation.

It sounds like you picked up on a early red flag and set your boundaries, I know that isn’t easy to do and it is incredibly brave to stand up for yourself in that way. Its understandable you are feeling low about this, you can grieve the relationship and what it could have been but it sounds like you made the right decision for you.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content