Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Busyditch
      Participant

Without giving specifics, I’ve got the ‘green light’ today… I had a huge panic attack and fainted. I was home alone!! Such an idiot!! 😳

I can’t cope with my feelings… I can’t even describe my feelings.

Am I going to be strong enough to do this? I can’t even cope when I get the go ahead.

Busyditch
      Participant

I’m not even making much sense!!! 😩

Watersprite
      Participant

It’s normal to feel like this at this time. Focus on the plan and the strategy remind yourself why you are doing this and keep telling yourself you can even if you think you can’t. I’ve no idea how I did it but I did and so can you x*x

ISOPeace
      Participant

Busyditch you are not an idiot! You are reacting to strong feelings and fears from years of build up.

I can’t speak for others, but I was more scared about thinking about leaving than I was when I actually did it. Once I was taking action it was easier than I expected (he wasn’t around of course). I also tried to talk to myself and others as thought I was definitely going ahead with it. I made sure I didn’t say “I’m hoping to leave….” and instead said “I’m going to leave…..”.

You can do this despite the fear. I know it doesn’t feel good but it’s totally normal to be scared.

Sending love and strength xxxx

Busyditch
      Participant

Thank you.

I feel so alone, despite coming here, speaking to the people helping me including my GP. Is it because I haven’t seen anyone face to face? It’s feels like what my eyes don’t see my brain will convince me it’s not happening? I’m so confused, I don’t understand how I feel I can’t make sense of anything. I question everything all the time.

To top it all I’m in so much pain, I’ve got a serious brain condition and my head feels like it’s going to split open. 🤕

Catjam
      Participant

Hi, I’m in the same position and feel like I am on a roller coaster. One minute looking forward to finding out who I am and the next sobbing about leaving him and the pain it will cause.
      I have taken baby steps, so many times I have wanted to cancel and stay exactly where I am. Financially secure and no worries about future family events. But I am not living, I am existing. I don’t know what are my thoughts and what are his.
      We are stronger than we give ourselves credit for. It’s going to be really hard and I’m dreading the next few weeks and months but hopefully life can only get better.
      Take care and stay strong xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content