Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Ssss
      Participant

Finally managed to post after few failed attempts. New to this site but not to old one.. Just wanted to say hi.

Serenity
      Participant

Hi, Sssss.

Welcome back x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi, Ssss

Welcome back x

Ssss
      Participant

Thankyou serenity.. Nice to hear from you x

Daisy
      Participant

Hello, from me too ssss,
      I struggled to get into the new site too, had to change my name twice, as wasn’t allowed just my two letter user id from the old forum and then, logged out and couldn’t get back in so has to reregister again,
      Anyway, how are you?
      X x x

Ssss
      Participant

Hi daisy. I also had to change my name as too short… I tried last night to post but was unable to . so sorry I didn’t reply then.. I’m not doing too good at the moment. I seem stuck unable to get myself up and do anything. I am not as strong as the women on here and am unable to move on/ break free. Carnt make any decisions always been my problem. But that’s me. How about you hope you are doing better? X

Daisy
      Participant

hello ssss,
      Sorry for the delay in responding,
      I struggle to navigate round still,
      I beg to differ- you are strong, I know how much strength is needed to endure the day in day out struggles,
      I’m fine ssss,
      The in ability to make decisions is familar and lingering though,
      Sorry to hear that things are not good for you at the momment,
      Don’t feel bad about not being able to break free, it only helps keep your confidence low, and you in the never ending miserable circle of it all,
      Hold you head up high,
      Sending you a hug
      X x x

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Sorry can’t work out who u r, yeah this site is horrible now sorry to say I can’t even log in half time when I want to support ladies ,hope u ok anyway , in terms of struggling to make decision it’s cause of all pressure they put on us it think we just switch off, could u speak to a support worker to guide u

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Good to have you back Sss.

Best wishes

Lisa

Forum Moderator

Serenity
      Participant

Yup, I agree, this new site is horrible.

I can’t recognise you either, sweetie, but hope to soon X

Ssss
      Participant

Thanks daisy for vote of confidence… I read things on here and how people are out.. But not only out stayed out and no contact and I just feel will I ever get there? Always seem to be some obstacle in way or I am just making it more difficult for myself

.. I feel a lot better knowing its difficult for everyone using this new site and its not just me who doesn’t like it… And confused and serenity I was just s on the other site been there for ages but didn’t post very often. But always great support from everyone when things are bad… And even when they’re not and thankyou Lisa as well xx

Daisy
      Participant

Ssss, if I remember rightly you did have real obstacles in your way, and you overcome some,
      Didn’t you used to be kicked out late at night as it was his house?
      I hope I’m remembering right ssss,
      If so you overcame that by getting your own place, so not having to pack up the children and find somewhere to stay last minute overnight is one big step for sure
      I haven’t got mixed up here have I?
      X x x

Ssss
      Participant

Hey daisy you are spot on yes. I was often kicked out late at night and yes got my own place…..but it wasn’t too far away and although yes felt much safer was still controlled by him and eventually unbeliably ended up going back to him… Financial reasons were another factor and the fact I just refused to let my job go… Which I needed him to have kids. Anyway he had a massive breakdown and instead of running in opposite direction I felt sorry for him…. And here we are….. But thankyou for remembering me xx

Daisy
      Participant

sorry to hear that ssss but don’t feel bad, or dare give yourself a hard time over it, we all have to do what we feel is right for our family/children at the time.
      Yes, I recall, there was no way round the childcare alternatives because you tried every avenue there too.
      I can understand why you held on to your job ssss, without it and money in your own right,as well as having something that valued your worth and kept you sane,
      Just sorry he hasn’t changed and you are back here,
      Sending you a ((((hug)))), don’t give up ssss,MFYou deserve better than him
      X x x

Daisy
      Participant

Ignore the extra capital letters there, my predictive text is driving me made today, sorry
      X x x

Ssss
      Participant

Hi daisy.thanks for hug I really need one at the moment… I do feel terrible for going backwards and do with I could move forward, but just seem stuck… I’ve had a bad couple of days and today is a bad day of something that happened… Which is not directly him, but nether the less results of his actions if that makes sense… I think if I haven’t left him after all that…..anyway daisy I how are you? I hope you are OK and things are going better for you. X

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content