Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

I feel my autism is really interfearing with my ability to understand if im being abused. I feel my communication issues are making it hard to express my extreme stress i feel. I dont want them to know this incase they class me with not having capacity. Its important i have control of this situation. At the last marac meeting years ago they deemed i had capacity so thats a positive. Ive moved cities and im under a new mental health team and im struggling with communicating my needs.. anyone ideas how to help this situation? Ive tried reading up on abuse online but i still cant figure out if i am actually suffering it.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Alittlelost,

I hope that posting on the Forum will give you some more clarity about your situation. More often than not if something doesn’t feel right about your relationship, it probably isn’t.

It might be worth chatting this through with a support worker from Women’s Aid on their online live chat: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

It might be worth linking up with your local domestic abuse service too. They might be able to give you a 1:1 support worker who you can meet up with face to face to give you both emotional and practical support. You can find the local service’s contact details here: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Please keep posting on the Forum to let us know how you’re getting on,

Lisa,
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content