Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Good samaritan
      Participant

Still haven’t heared back from the Police and doubt I will now. I haven’t heared anything from my ex since he put in a complaint about me. I can’t afford a solicitor nor get in touch with rights for women. After a chat with the representative from women’s aid today I am feeling less drained but still have a mountain to climb just to get through this month with only 10 to last now I have had to pay utilities. The local citizens advice are extremely short staffed and the adult domestic abuse team still haven’t got back to me. I wish I had a time machine to go back a decade or more. This is not how I envisaged ending up when I clicked accept. On a positive note the landlord is finally fitting me a new kitchen after mine was trashed by my ex. Just hope I can find a job now to be able to make the rent and maintain it otherwise I’m homeless

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi good Samaritan
      Can you claim benefits also council will pay so much of your rent .
      I remember when I left my ex I had no money for 11 months
      Because of my ex and I had to leave my job

I hope you get sorted soon hugs x

Good samaritan
      Participant

Hi Borntobefree

I am in reciept of UC but it barely covers the rent and bills. Once they’re paid I’m left with around 35 a month for food, hygiene, travel. I really don’t know how they expect someone to manage like that. Then I have cancellation fees for everything that he put into my name without my knowledge. I did contact all the debt collectors that are looking for him though and gave his forwarding address and contact details though. So hopefully his mail will stop dropping through my door now

Ayanna
      Participant

Speak to the CPS and the police.
      Why can you not access Rights of Women?
      You need to choose their call back function.

Regarding housing, Shelter is a good organisation to support tenants

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content