Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Taintedlove
      Participant

I gave birth to our baby (detail removed by Moderator) weeks ago, since then my partner has changed completely, he shouts and swears at me in front of our baby, doesn’t help with our child or the housework and the complains to me saying how much of a mess the house is, I don’t know what to do anymore.

Ayanna
      Participant

I would call social services and get him out for good.

Confused123
      Participant

HI Hun

Call womensaid and get advise how to get yourself in best position, even if that means having him removed from house instead of u leaving , well done for realizing its wrong, u need support to help u get out of this scenario

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hi TaintedLove – well done on posting on here, and sorry you are going through such a hard time – this time in your life SHOULD BE the happiest time – a new baby the two of you made , to seal your love for one another – BUT unfortunately this is the time when abusive men show their TRUE colours!!!!

This is when it became really obvious to me too….the thing is – this is the first time he’s had to SHARE YOU with anyone else – up until then its been just the two of you – and he was the centre of your world – you did everything he wanted – did everything to keep him happy….. NOW THOUGH there is this other little person in your lives – this helpless little person who needs so much of your time and your attention – and THAT’S what’s wrong with him – you are not giving him all you time – he is no longer the main focus of your attention…..

And so that’s where the trouble starts – he is insecure and jealous and it shows in his moods and the way he speaks to you and treats you – he has these little ‘temper tantrums’ to assert his authority over you – and gain control…..

Any normal, caring, decent man would realise this is a very hard time for you you have just given birth, up at nights feeding – you need all the help you can get – and not just with the baby with the housework too – but these men are so selfish – they think only of their own wants and needs – not yours and not their little babies – I hope this all makes sense to you want I’m trying to explain – I sure you will have noticed things I have said already….

Look after yourself and that little baby – and keep posting on here for help, support and advice, we are all here for you.

Take care.
      Love,
      Mixed-up Mum x*x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content