Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Highway61
      Participant

So got away (detail removed by moderator) ago, left a note. Had not contact from him except a complaint about his (detail removed by moderator), which I had left all the details for anyway (still taking responsibility for him even as I’m walking out the door). He rang the kids today, (detail removed by moderator) after I had a missed call.from his mother but claims his Mam.doesnt know anything about what’s going on. He has been refusing to leave and claiming he cant move in lockdown, all of a sudden he is looking at houses and able to move pretty soon. I am worried that he is living now so that I come back.with the kids son that he can start manipulating me and them again. He knows he has lost the battle to stay in the house so he will bide his time for a different battle. I am worried that, if his parents know and he is living about them not knowing, he may apply for custody of the kids. I dont want to go back to the flat this soon. The kids are happy where we are and I dont feel strong enough to take the onslaught without my family. Am I being paranoid? How do I prepare for what might come next?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Stay put for now at least. Whatever game hes playing sounds like it involves you going back. If you have support where you are and are happy for now then why leave and go back to so much uncertainty.
      Listen to your instincts if you think he’s up to something he probably is. See if you can get some legal advice regarding the children to out your mind at rest. I hope things turn out for you x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Do what feels right fir you. Yes going back should be straight forward, everything’s there, kids toys, all your personal bits n bobs, but he will know exactly where you are, if you go back, get the locks changed, up security levels, put outside lights up, loose stones around around windows if on ground floor. Change doorbell to one of those you can see who’s at the door on your phone. If you are all happy where you are, dont go back. You’re in control now. Sometimes I still find myself doing things automatically because if I didnt the fallout would be awful. Then I’m like, why are you here, what are you doing. Conditioning takes a long while to break free from. Have you spoke to WA yet, they can help you and the children.
      Well done in getting out of the situation, keep posting, we’ll give you all the knowledge you need to stay away, we’ll be here every step of the way. You’ll have good days and bad days, you’ll even find yourself feeling a strange feeling, it’ll be happiness. It’s so alien,it takes a while for it to register what you’re feeling. Can you imagine feeling like that? Can you imagine how great a Christmas you’re all going to have?
      Stay strong, you can do this
      IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content