Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I had a fantastic nights sleep last night. I’m usually up every hour & out of bed by 5 am sometimes as early as 4 but I slept till 7 this morning!! This morning I keep thinking about how this is affecting him, (detail removed by moderator)he will probably do rubbish & I feel responsible. I’m angry with myself for feeling like this. I shouldn’t care about him, his feelings & how I’m impacting on him. I know he said he will wait to hear from me but I’m dreading him getting back. I know he will ring or tx, no doubt if I answered, which I will not, he will say how terrible he has done & how much this “break” has affected his work. So why when I know what he’s like do I pity him? I have no intentions of going back to him, I don’t want to, I like the feeling of being able to do my own thing without having to justify my every move but I still worry that he’s hurting.

Ayanna
      Participant

Tell yourself over and over again that he did not care when he abused you. He disregarded your feelings when he did what he did.
      If a stranger on the street or someone you only know randomly did that to you, would you feel sorry for them?

Enjoy your life and remain zero contact.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I know it’s the right thing to do….but I still feel sorry for him & the impact this break will be having on him. I know I shouldn’t but they’re so good at manipulating you, that’s why we stay cos we’re brainwashed! I’m not having second thoughts at all I can’t wait to be completely free of him but I do find myself thinking about how hurt he is!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content