• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      legobricks
      Participant

I haven’t been here for a while and in that time managed to convince myself i wasnt in a abusive relationship.
      Yesterday i finally found evidence of his cheating. The years of him always flipping it into my problem and me being at fault and i finally found him swapping naked pics with several women. I dont know if its gone any further but i was always shouted at for even looking like i doubted his faithfulness and it was always swung around saying that i must be guilty for thinking it. I am not even allowed to talk to a man without being accused of cheating. (he will say its a joke and im over reacting)

Im still hurting from (Detail removed by moderator) when i was verbally attacked. A driver pulled out on him and i apparently had a look on my face that upset him. He thought i was attacking him! I was sat as silently and still as i could as i didnt want to cause an argument as i could feel his blood starting to boil. We had ohr (Detail removed by moderator) year in the car as he starts yelling and blaming me for it.

I lay in bed and i couldnt sleep because i have images of him one day turning physical and i wouldnt be able to stop him. He would kill me.

Im sorry. Im so bottled up and dont know where to go or what to do or what to say.

Is my mind making a bigger deal out of rhis though? everyone fights? i probably am safe

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello legobricks,

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through and that you have discovered he is cheating. You deserve to be treated so much better than this.

Well done for reaching out for support, there is further support available for when you are ready as well as help in finding out your options. The 24hr National Domestic Violence Helpline is available on 0808 2000 247. The Helpline Workers will listen to you and discuss your options based on your circumstances as well as signpost you to other organisations. Your local support group can also offer ongoing emotional and practical support, you can find your local group here

I hope posting on here is helping you, please do keep posting to us when you can. You do not have to go through this alone, we are here for you along the way.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content