Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

Again I was sat in my car at (detail removed by moderator) last night, alone with my fears in a dark and lonely place. The rain poured down the window like the tears down my face.
      But I was grateful of my space.

LightbulbMoment
      Participant

This is poetic and beautifully evocative.
      I wish it wasn’t true

Hazydayz
        Participant

Truth is…this is my life, nobody sees…
        except maybe? that night… the mystery occupants of the 2 cars that appeared suddenly out of the darkness and for whatever reason? in darkness, parked either side of me.
        My space, was no longer my safe place and in fear for what might be? I thought… Home felt less threatening, I knew what horrors lay in wait there.
        Suddenly mass panic gripped me as I attempted to remove my car… I was stuck! like the meat in a sandwich. I tried desperately to reverse from between them, not understanding why? my car reved so loudly but would not move. In that moment and in blind panic, I could not understand, why? at that direst of moments, my car chose now to let me down. I could not get out to investigate why my car would not move? That would be too risky. My mind racing with what if’s? and in desperation to get away from that situation, I tried all that was left for me to do, I turned the steering wheel left then right, hoping to extract myself from the nightmare that gripped me. A rush of relief came as my car was all at once freed from whatever had gripped it in place? as I blindly panicked within. Seconds and minutes had felt like hours in my struggle to get away. I was so much more grateful for my space as I drove away feeling relieved to be safe in that moment.
        I will never know who they were? In those cars Or why? They menacingly parked so closely either side of my car and me, but I trust my instinct and it told me…get our of there!
        Next day, in the daylight I went back to that spot to try to see why I hadn’t been able to move from that spot? From the scuff marks in the grass and the mud on the road that matched the marks on the rim of my front tyres it became evident to me that my wheels had no initial grip on the grass, as I had parked just over the edge of the road and hadn’t realised. Between the rain on the windows and the tears in my eyes, I was unaware that the wet ground would make getting out tricky.

I discovered later, your reply to my posting, thankyou.
        I thought about your chosen words…poetic and beautifully evocative? And I understood your meaning. I too wish it wasn’t true, but
        My truth…is here to be seen. 💞

Twisted Sister
        Participant

I hadn’t seen your first post Hazydayz, and having just read it now, brought tears to my eyes.

We all need those safe spaces to run to, to have for ourselves and I’m sorry to hear that two idiots driving around late at night seemed bent on parking you in. The panic that leaves you unable to think things through, that fight/flight/freeze state that blocks your brain, is so desperate a place to be, and it kept you safe ultimately, thankfully you got away and left the idiots behind, who may have deliberately been so cruel, or just ignorant, and up to no good themselves. Were there other spaces they could have easily used, or do you know this to be a deliberate action against you? Even if it was deliberate, some fools just get a kick out of scaring women like this, and I am glad you made it out safe (((hugs)).

warmest wishes

ts

Hazydayz
        Participant

I’m sorry TS, yes, I could well up thinking of it again of other lonely souls in that same situation. Sadly, there are so many lonely souls out there in the world without someone to go to or somewhere to go or to be, to feel safe or for some to escape for a while and feel/be safe. I count myself lucky now that I was there safely locked in my car and eventually able to escape another frightening situation. It could have been potentially more traumatising or worse, dangerous, if I hadn’t been in a car but out on foot alone, I realise this, it is especially true for anyone else too, those out and with no safe place to be, and unfortunate enough to be without some comfort, such as the security of being in a locked car, so as to get away quickly and safely if need be?
        Yes, I believed it to be deliberate, there were no other spaces, it was just a small gateway on a very quiet country lane off the beaten track, that’s known to me. I’ts a very quiet spot normally and Whoever they were? I don’t know, they just appeared from nowhere and parked alongside my car. There were no spaces for cars to park other than a limited space where I had parked and then the 2 others had squeezed alongside me. It is safe to say…feeling safe and secure is everything isn’t it. Thanks for the ((hugs))((hugs back)) and warmest wishes to you to.

Coogeebee
      Participant

I’ve done this many times in the past. Usually some isolated car park.Anything is better than being at home. At least it is peaceful

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content