Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Helpmustbeoutthere
      Participant

I don’t know where to turn any more.

I escaped years ago and for myself and my child we’re doing well.

But he won’t stop. (detail removed by moderator) Whereas I pay for everything for me and our child and have no money or time. He’s trying to make us homeless.

(Detail removed by moderator) and I have no where to turn and my child is scared of him and forced to see him and says to me why did you let daddy hurt me? What do I say? (Detail removed by moderator).

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful Angel,
      Firstly, Well done for escaping, you know that you do have that strength and you need to search for that again to get throw how you are feeling now.
      I think it would be a good idea to speak to women’s aid or the domestic abuse helpline on where you go from here.
      If your child does not feel safe with this man you should not be making them go and see him and something more official needs to be put in place.
      Start researching and looking at your options.
      I am sorry I cant help you more, I don’t have experience in this area.
      However I wanted to let you know that you are being heard and there is help out there for you, it doesn’t have to stay this way
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Living Warrior
      Participant

hi my lovely, i am so sorry you are going through this. i have just written a post in general- with useful information on it, some of it may be useful to you.

my advice is this ( i have children and i am having issues atm, my solicitor stopped contact and is going through court) use the harrassment log,
      firstly i would contact womens aid, they can also sign post you to solicitors they are affiliated with- these have better experience in family law with DV. some DV law costs can be sorted through legal aid, examples are emergency court orders stopping contact. (even if you would normally pay for solicitors) check with them if this applies to you. get a non molestation order- this will stop contact, face to face abuse, coming to your property calls, texts.
      prohibited steps orders can be made to stop contact with children, this will have to go through court eventually atm most are doing telephone family court hearings. the solicitors do most of the talking.
      those 2 orders will give you breathing space, there are other orders too, eg if its ur property and he stays there.. etc but a solicitor will be better able to advise you.
      i am well into the family court scene atm so if you need any advice and i can help (i may be able to put your mind at ease a little) its seems like a harsh thing to do, but 9/10 it helps and its to safeguard the children. no one should blame you for that. (they may try though) here if you need anything.

Helpmustbeoutthere
      Participant

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds like the court has listened to you. Ive had years of court and no one listens. He has an aggressive legal team and I can’t compete.

He is very manipulative. I don’t know where to turn to anymore. I can’t protect my child.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Helpmustbeoutthere,
      I can see you have already received some good information and advice about possible next steps for support.
      To add to this, Rights of Women are a voluntary organisation offering free, confidential legal advice on matters including family law, domestic abuse, children and child contact issues. Rights of Women are available on 0207 251 6577. They also have a website at http://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk .
      The National Association of Contact Centres offers advice on child contact centres. They are available on 0845 4500 280 (9am- 5pm Mon – Fri). The website is at http://www.naccc.org.uk
      The Coram Children’s Legal Centre is a unique, independent national charity concerned with law and policy affecting children and young people. They offer legal advice and representation to children, their carers and professionals throughout the UK. They can be contacted on 0300 330 5480, 8am – 6pm, Mon – Fri. The Children’s Legal Centre has a website at http://childlawadvice.org.uk/ .
      Women’s Aid are campaigning for safer family court processes, calling on the courts to be putting the welfare and needs of the children first. You can read more about the Child First Campaign here: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/childfirst/
      Also, your local domestic abuse service may be able to help you to access legal support as already suggested. Your nearest service can be found via the following link: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/
      I hope this is useful to you.
      Do keep posting to let us know how you get on or for support of any kind.

Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content