Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bananaboat
      Participant

So as many of you know I told my abuser it’s over (detail removed by moderator), he’s tried multiple tricks to keep his supply going but I’ve remained strong and on the path of separation. Now he’s realised it’s not working the abuse is escalating and again he’s using the children as weapons and intimidating my child from previous relationship. He’s destroyed property and keeps threatening (detail removed by moderator). We privately rent and house is in joint names. I’m on the council list as homeless but who knows how long that’ll take, I’ve been trying to view private rental properties but the market is mad round here and they’ve gone same day. So having previously considered an occupation order but decided against it to keep the peace and not make life worse, I’m now wondering if I should pursue that route. What is the process like? How did the abuser take it? How much does it cost and what happens if they don’t comply? I reckon he’d still let himself in the house regardless. Any advice is appreciated.

iliketea
      Participant

Im not sure if we can discuss legal stuff openly here so your post might get deleted. Rights of Women have really good information on this on their website. I’ll pm you as well.

Bananaboat
        Participant

Oh right! Ok thank you xx

Teaandcats
      Participant

Just incase this doesn’t get deleted, following.

I’ve completed a statement and most of the paperwork (detail removed by moderator), but haven’t sent it.
      Too scared, too hopeful (that things might still change, haha!), too scared some more.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content