Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      LonelyAs
      Participant

I need to get this off my chest. Just some of what i deal with and after years and years only just relised what was happening.
      So this power and control wheel. Wow, what an eye opener.
      Male privilege big tick, if i dont cook hell start. So were ganna eat tonight, we going to starve are we. Hell sort himself out but not the kida. If i dont cook im lazy.

using kids, only everytime we have abig fall out he pretty much disowns them.

Minimizing,denying and blaming. Yes yes yes. Literally everything is my fault. He dismisses all my thoughts and opinions.

Emotionally puts me down constantly, major name calling esp the c word and loads of mind games. Tell lies denies them and says im going crazy.

Intimidation, boy do i get it. Death stares when i say something he dont like to someone. Could be anything. Uses hand gesture and will tell me i have to learn or learn to keep my gob shut. He tell me infront of people to stop saying stupid things or dont be stupid. He tells me no one like me not evwn my own family. They like him better. Everytime we see people hes in my ear. Whats there problem. Did you not notice. They have a prob with you dont they. They were acting weird toward you dont you think.

OMG that felt good. That’s just the tip of the iceburg. But was nice to say it cause i now know this behaviour is wrong and that the people listening can relate.

Thanks for reading

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi LonelyAs

I just wanted to show you some support. It is very unfair that he expects you to cook and does not help. It is also not ok to blame you for everything and to say horrible insults to you, it must be so upsetting.

I agree that lots of women will relate to your post, and you are not alone.

Please keep posting to let us know how you are,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content