Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

Bedtime again!…what will tonight bring? More Struggling to sleep? Nightmares? Confused dreams? Hopefully, 6 hours of relaxation! & rejuvenation. Goodnight all 💞

Wiseafter
      Participant

I just saw this and had to reply Hazy. I am awake. Again. In the wee small hours. Stomach churning, mind churning and a feeling of being ready to sprint at the slightest noise. I have been told it will get better but it isn’t yet. I can’t remember the last time I slept through the night. Even when I was with my partner he would disturb me, wake me and I never slept through with him either. It was like torture. I know I am existing on adrenaline which I’m sure is not good for my mental health. Anyway, I have the same feeling about bedtime. I’m usually shattered and ready for sleep but it doesn’t come. Hope you got some zzzzzs x

Hazydayz
        Participant

Wiseafter…are you still awake? Or like me after a bad night…dozing on the sofa on and off by now? I’m sorry, I just found your message and wasn’t here to keep you company. Middle of the night or early hours through to daylight… a very lonely and scary place at times isn’t it. My problem is nightmares! And the minutes or hours immediately after waking from them, I don’t know why I have so many? Except maybe? It’s connected to my PTSD trauma, that the same for you? Do you have horrendous nightmares too? Or do you suffer insomnia more than having nightmares? Or are you unfortunate and suffer both? I do hope you are finding rest somehow? With relaxation routines maybe? Or early nights? Though I’ve found that is worse for me? I just wake earlier from nightmares and then after eventually falling asleep again, have more nightmares? It’s crazy making isn’t it! But… still hanging on to sanity thankfully! Or up to now at least eh? Lol. Just Hoping and Waiting for a miracle soloution to come with Councelling, maybe? Have you talked to anyone? A councillor? who is able to offer help outside of here? I really hope we can find the secret to a good nights sleep without fear. Maybe talk again later? If it’s a bad night again? For you and me? Wishing you a goodnight and Sweet dreams to you… if possible?🌌😴

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content