Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      White Rose
      Participant

I got my decree absolute granted. I’m no longer married to him. Strange feeling. I quite like it but thought I’d be more overjoyed and excited and feel like partying but it’s just a feeling of acceptance and inevitability and some relief.
      Now I need him to follow the financial consent order details so I can move on financially and feel my life is starting over.
      Getting there

Eve1
      Participant

Congratulations! Very pleased for you. I remember a similar feeling. It was just another day, in some ways but also momentous.
      Good luck with the next step.
      Eve
      x

Serenity
      Participant

Congratulations, White Rose!

My absolute came not long ago. Though people had suggested a divorce party, I let it pass quietly. I was quite subdued about it. I think, like you, relief but also sheer exhaustion and quiet acceptance.

I hope the next stage passes more easily for you x

Ayanna
      Participant

Congratulations!

Confused123
      Participant

Congratulations Hun , sorry to ask but r they not supposed to issue till finances have been agreed and settled

Ayanna
      Participant

Confused 123, the two can be done separately. Divorcing can be done without a financial order, but it is not adviseable, as situation can change and then one partner can sue the other years later for money. The financial order can be done any time after the divorce or before or at the same time, it depends on the divorcees.

White Rose
      Participant

Thanks for all the responses. The court had given a financial order well before absolute applied for which he signed up to and is supposed to follow in a particular time scale. Some things are set to very specific short term timescales others less so but all need to be done. However, he is already putting barriers to progress in place. I just keep pushing him and stating the deadline he needs to work to.
      I will not let him slow this down and I can go back to court and ask them to take over and do what he isn’t doing if necessary and that will incur cost for him which he’ll hate. He will leave it all to absolutely the last day I’m sure. Can’t be any more specific due to forum rules but trust me I had an expert solicitor!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content