Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Bad day today. My husband been gone several months, no closure as ongoing cases , won’t engage re divorce etc. Was doing ok but he text my son (detail removed by Moderator) ,he’s adult and has had no contact for months since another incident and doesn’t want contact. I feel drained today, a failure etc. My children will get no financial help from me, not sure I will even be able to stay in house. If I do will be with a big mortgage whereas I would be mortgage free in normal circumstances.My work is busy, my colleagues are great but I’m having a confidence crisis there that I’m not performing. My weight is going up, my fitness down and there’s no end. I should be happy that he’s out but still have so much more to go. And I’m angry that he can still impact me.Sorry for moaning, just needed a safe place to moan

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful angel … bettertimesahead,
      You sound like you need some serious self care my darling, without this you will be no good to anyone, including yourself.
      Take a step back and just breath, ask yourself what do I need right now in this moment ? Maybe just a cup of tea and a deep breath!
      You sound like you have a few challenges ahead and need to stay strong so please start to put in some daily self love practices… time for you along with some kind positive self talk to yourself.
      You are doing great so don’t doubt yourself and don’t be so hard on yourself.
      When those bad thoughts and feelings come, just let them and then let them go.
      Its a journey with ebbs and flows
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Thank you Darcy.I have always been bad at doubting myself, just don’t see myself as anything special. But I am trying. I get it overwhelmed when I think too far ahead but I do need to plan for whatever eventually happens. I do have good support around but every so often I struggle.Its the not knowing when something else will crop up or when he’ll rear his head. Trying to focus on how far I’ve come and what I have achieved so far

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content