• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by KIP..
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

That I have noticed while we were with him and. Now we’re out is that people got kind of funny wwith me and kids. We still are isolated and the odd person who we did know stopped bothering with me and kids because he drove them away. It hurts so much this isolation. I know a lot of autistic people but there not like my sons they seem all happy so it goes to show how the negative environment was the issue. We are here suffering and he’s lapping it up in the pub. I’ve stopped contact I only told him once he’s NEVER challenged me xx

KIP.
      Participant

Good morning, yes I found the isolation hard at first and because of him I had lost social skills and felt vulnerable round new people. Given time Im getting better and starting to enjoy social events. Great news that you are sticking to no contact. Ignore his lack of reaction. Just stick to no contact and when he breaks it, deal with him then. Take baby steps. Maybe try doing something simple to start with to get your confidence back x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content