Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      forestmyth
      Participant

hi, this is my first post here

(detail removed by moderator) I left my partner of a number of years. He was verbally aggressive to me and the kids, calling names and shouting for hours, generally “mean” in the kids words. Last week it escalated more, he threw my phone to try and smash it, and I had enough. He has since tried a number of ultimatums/blackmail to get me to go back… but I am happier being in a calmer environment where we are now, and the children are happier.

We owned a house (as tenants in common). I now have the anxiety of finances/selling/moving. He’s still in the house…
      does anyone have any advice on what worked for you? I worry that if I make him move out he won’t be able to afford his share of the mortgage, and that he will be difficult when it comes to selling as he still wants me back and this will give him a hold on me.

Beautifulday
      Participant

@forestmyth
      I would definitely seek legal advice I did this today and its been a massive help! Lots will offer free 30 mins and in that time you can ask quite a lot of questions. If you have a local University the Law schools at universities also usually offer free advice clinics I know mine do so please have a look and find out.
      I own my home with my husband and I basically wanted to know my options as I don’t really want ro sell. I know he couldn’t take over the mortgage or buy me out as his credit rating is so bad. So it may be possible for me to buy him out but I also have to speak to my mortgage advisor to see if I can afford it alone. But she was very understanding and didn’t pressurise me told me when I wanted to proceed she would be there to help.
      Honestly I would really recommend it in your suruation too as it will make you feel better and you’ll know your options. Xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content