Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Time4me
      Participant

Hi lovelies..
      I need some advice but my situation is definitely not as bad as the ones I’ve been reading.
      When I met my husband he was a compulsive liar… I was like nope don’t want that broke it off and then found out I was pregnant. Fast forward 9 months and he seemed to have really sorted himself out so gave things a go, got married and now have 2 kids and a mortgage.
      But.. the lies crept in when he got comfortable.. about weed, gambling, money etc.
      Every lie chipped away at me till the love was gone and I told him it was over. He wouldn’t leave and insisted I still loved him.
      I ended up getting drunk and kissing someone so he would leave (very out of character)
      And obviously now I’m the wicked witch.
      Since lockdown he’s been isolating at our home and trying to “win me back” I’ve stood firm in my decision not shared a bed gave no false hope.. but every few days of niceness is then greeted by a few days of him being awful calling me names, telling me my kids will grow up to hate me.. I’ll Never find anyone else who will put up with me etc etc.
      He’s now turned it around to be all my fault and it’s me who needs to change.
      Then the next day he apologises and is nice and talks about making a mends in the future.
      I feel like I’m stuck in hell but is this my fault? Before we broke up he never said horrible things like this.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi and no this is not your fault. He’ll say and do anything to win, notice I said win, not win you back or over. Look up the cycle of abuse and the FOG of abuse. Learn why he does this. He’s losing his drug, his supply to feed his habit. The habit is abuse and the high he gets with it, your his supply.
      He’s very n**********c but that doesn’t mean he’s a nar…..st, that is fir a professional to diagnose. He’s doing what’s called projection, everything he’s saying about you, is about him. The kids will grow up to hate him, not you. Why would you want someone like him, someone else like him you’d run a mile, right? He can’t change who he is unless he wants to, but unless he’s getting something out of changing, he’s got no reason to appear to be either.
      Keep posting and reading others posts, knowledge is power.
      IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content