Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      anotherlife
      Participant

He always wants the first word, the last word, all the decisions, every one to do as he says. He always blames others for his actions, mostly me or the children.
      This is just a bit of a vent really. 2 of my close older relatives said recently how different he is the last few years, my friends can hardly believe when I tell them things but they know they are true.
      I went to see a neighbour a few days ago as I wanted to have somewhere for the children to go if I ever need them out of the house and safe quickly and so that someone close by knows what is going on. Even though I know what he’s like, he tries to keep it behind closed doors etc. But they said straight away that they can tell that he always wants his way, that he’s too had on the kids and that he interrupts every time in speaking and won’t let me finish what I’m saying. It just proves to me that I’m not alone. I know if doesn’t make it any easier but with one child sayingthey doesn’t miss him at all when he goes away and the other slightlh scared of him, I need to really start sorting myself. Which I am trying to do. My WA advisor has been lovely & kind & really helpful.
      One day I will get us out. N********* behaviour constantly and some kind of anger bubbling inside him. Not the man I met all those years ago and not someone I want to be around. I have no job right now & physical health issues but I will keep going and find a way

maddog
      Participant

My ex has been reported to the police because of his behaviour by other people. I don’t expect he will be prosecuted for anything to do with me. He wrote a mad letter to family members and is generally refaded as (Detail removed by Moderator)

maddog
      Participant

He is regarded as (Detail removed by Moderator). Can’t spell!

White Rose
      Participant

I remember the relief I felt when others validated my views of him. I vividly recall frantically trying to avoid the wife of one of his colleagues in a department store one day – she kept folllowing me and eventually collared me to say she’d heard we’d left him and went onto say what she and her husband really thought of him and everything that he’d husband reported of his bullying and sexist behaviour at work. I was flabbergasted! From what he’d told me I thought my ex was big pals with her husband but evidently not. I also learned he’d been given several warnings at work and had been advised to go on courses to improve his interpersonal skills (waste of company money!)
      Your neighbour sounds a good ally another life – Keep safe xx

Iwon
      Participant

It shows how abusers give themselves away. I was on Facebook chatting to his ” best friend who moved to another country.

He said I came to visit you. I thought he was weird and odd and never understood why you stayed married to him. He was a mean nasty little bully who hated to see others do well.

These men lie a lot to themselves about how popular and well liked they are….. people suss it out x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content