Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

I’ve woken up to myself today and thought to myself…pull yourself together! What am I winging about here, it’s only heartache I’m going through and I should be used to that after everything all these years. It hasn’t killed me yet, and so what if my aspirations to live a happier, more normal and fulfilled life like so many out there don’t seem likely, I’ll just carry on living each day I have and be grateful. In case anyone here has wondered? I never forget here, that… Everyone here has their own problems to deal with. So I’ll apologise now for possibly upsetting anyone if I did yesterday? Like I was reminded, I’m not the only mother feeling hurt.
      Today I’ve kicked my own arse and I’m getting on with it again. Take care of yourselves, all hurting mother’s💕

Footballfan1
      Participant

We all need some time for self pity.
      I don’t believe you upset anyone.
      I’m glad to hear you feel more optimistic today.
      It’s a rollercoaster of emotions recovering from abuse.
      There is bound to be plenty of down days, but good days will always follow xx

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hi, yes, yes, your right about the rollercoaster ride. I don’t know about my feeling positive today now I’ve read my replies? I’m actually feeling like a right idiot now, for coming across in a way it seems, that I didn’t really want to. I genuinely do care about my own feelings and about others too. I suppose I thought this morning…there are people reading here who may have been reminded by me yesterday, about their own situations from what I wtote, but haven’t posted about their pain because they bury it so deep and then I came along reminding them. That’s it, I’m trying to be mindful. Whilst reminding myself this is a forum to share our pain, all of us! Thanks for your support, I really do appreciate it ,💕

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Hazydayz

There’s no need to be so harsh on yourself, its important to accept those painful emotions, and vital to be able to talk about them too. I remember answering your post yesterday about how much you were hurting, and saying that you won’t be alone in this, for the purpose of helping you to not feel alone, not that you shouldn’t be talking about it here, or posting about the pain of mother’s day you were feeling.

There’s a point at which its not helpful to always be comparing yourself to ‘there’s someone suffering far worse than me’. Yes, there are people dying every minute of every day in this world, and the most unthinkable suffering, but that doesn’t discount the need for support that any one of us may have in our own personal suffering.

I’m also absolutely sure that you won’t have upset anyone because you were feeling pain yesterday. I hope it helped to get it out and share it here, where others understand what that feels like and can offer support to you. This process is painful.

warmest wishes

ts

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hi, I didn’t expect to be seen as being so hard on myself in my posting today? I really don’t see that! I certainly don’t want to give people here who read my posts the impression I’m without caring for myself, or that I’m being negative in any way? Giving negative impressions. I guess I struggle with communicating myself and my emotions at times, particularly when I’m feeling frustrated by what can I do? I do believe that others here learn and are affected by what others share and I must be careful not to give anyone the impression that sharing pain is not acceptable here, if that’s how I come across? I don’t mean to do that, in fact I appreciate all the support I get here. So thankyou💐

Twisted Sister
        Participant

I am not seeing anything ‘wrong’ in what you are doing, honestly. Whether you post about your pain, or post about positive things, its all part of life, and the challenges of our experiences.

Use this place all you need to help you in any way you feel does help.

warmest wishes

ts

Hazydayz
        Participant

❤️

nbumblebee
      Participant

Doesnt matter who you are where you are what you suffer there will always be someone hurting more but that doesnt mean you shouldnt hurt cry feel of course you should your pain is yours and if it hurts it b****y hurts right? So you are certainly allowed to share to cry scream talk and you are allowed to feel better.
      Dont ever apologise for hurting for talking for sharing your words your story your pain could help others.
      Dont be so hard on yourself you are doing an amazing job sweetie you may not feel it but you are.
      I often have to kick my own butt too its good some days but never ever ever be afraid to feel bad either.
      Sending hugs xx

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hi nbumlebee, your absolutely right! I do have the right to voice my feelings here, they are mine and they do hurt a lot of the time. I know I have a lot to deal with and I also really don’t see myself doing well with moving forward, but I do my best everyday. Some days like yesterday really do hurt though don’t they. I’m not good at opening up about my feelings I suspect? To myself that is, It’s like automatic writing I’m doing on here at times. Yes! That’s it. I really need some help moving forward but, I just can’t find support outside of here. Only me! And I’m giving myself a hard time arnt I, kicking my own arse. I see that now. Thanks to you and everyone who replied letting me see that. This morning I was genuinely wanting to let others here see, that I didn’t want to raise any of their pain yesterday or feel that there was today to feel it still. Even if they were feeling it about mother’s Day? I thought I’d help their moving on along with me today, by being positive and upbeat/chippa! Amusing even? I realise now, I’ve been sending out the wrong message haven’t I. I’m an idiot at times, not beating on myself! Anyway, I hope your having a good day today nbumlebee 💕

nbumblebee
        Participant

Glad i helped sweetie, Like i said here you never have to apologise i go from Yeah Ive got this Im kicking arse to nope Im done Im finished I cant take anymore often daily so we all get it.
        Whats important is you keep talking even if its just on here get it out dont let it fester as that can be worse always talk we will always listen xxxx

Hazydayz
        Participant

💕

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content