Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      thelightinme
      Participant

My dear friends. I left with my children. Battled with depression. Overcame it. Represented myself over contact issues. Returned to work. Directed the whole orchestra of asking help from different agencies for the children and I to overcome the trauma. But the he abuse never ceased. He feels entitled… to possess me… to control me… to remind me that I, we have no right to move on.
      Then he presents drunk after driving the children back from contact. Back again to stopping contact. Seeing my children scared. Back again to shining my armour. (detail removed by moderator) . Denies everything. Presenting me as the abuser with parenting issues because I took the children to the beach and the baby cut his hand with a shell and took him to hospital. My dear friends… I’m back in a war I don’t want to battle. But for my children… for my children I’ll give my life if I have to. Please give me strength. I can do this. We can do this. I’m going to battle for the children and I to live a peaceful existence.

HunkyDory
      Participant

That is very powerful thelightinme- you’re a very strong woman, determined to protect you and your children and your right to an abuse free life. Keep fighting, keep the faith and you will win.

Have you documented everything ready for the next battle? Keep a journal of what is happening and what has happened while it’s fresh in your mind. You sound weary but so strong at the same time. Wishing you ongoing strength. Keep posting, you will get lots of positive advice and thoughts from this wonderful group of women ❤️ 💪 xx

Fudgecake
      Participant

You are a strong woman and you will overcome this. Keep going and stay focused on your goals.Sending you warm wishes for success!

thelightinme
      Participant

Thank you so much HD and FC yes I’m documenting everything everything and really trying to focus… I am clear in my head about next steps but it’s very exhausting the whole thing… I really believe in us though, in our courage… xx

HunkyDory
      Participant

You do sound very focussed. Good work! Keep moving forward honey xx

diymum@1
      Participant

stop the contact through the courts now hes had his chance and if thy say hes scaring them and putting them at risk drink driving the contact will be stopped. I went back twice to court he blew it its time to get him out off your lives xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Try to get a health prof like the GP or anyone really to get a statement from the children. Are they old enough to write down what happened? x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content