Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tinkerbell
      Participant

It’s been a long time (I can’t say how long) . The memories of the abuse still haunt me. I still ask did this happen ? Was this real? I have difficulty trusting anyone else, I am in a new relationship and I question things constantly. I wish I could go back and erase the bad memories, I know I can’t. I wish my children didn’t have to endure what they had to in the past, but also with the emotional fall out from being in a one parent family, and I know I can’t change that either. I wish I had a blank out place in my mind were I could store this rubbish, but I don’t. A thousand wishes and my one wish for them to be happy. I’m still under going counselling I still have bad days, how I believed anything that came out of his mouth is insane

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Tinkerbell,

Abuse has an impact on us and our relationships. It is a trauma that you have been through and part of the healing process is trying to figure out what happened.

The person responsible for the abuse is always the perpetrator, I’m glad you are accessing counselling you deserve this time.

Best Wishes,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content