Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      HunkyDory
      Participant

I made what was hopefully the final contact today. He’s on (detail removed by moderator) and for the last (detail removed by moderator)I’ve been making any necessary contact with his relative. I shipped the rest of his stuff some days ago along with The Papers… (cost a fortune I don’t have 😡) I didn’t think I could ask anyone else to do this for me.

I sent the shipping documents to his relative via social media. I wanted to make sure they’d received them before I block them forever, so waited for that notification to say they’d received it. They took the opportunity to send me photos of him. And the family members I loved and I miss so much. And it’s killing me. All the months of hard work getting through this, and I’m sat outside crying because now I miss him. And them. And I want so much to say to his family that it’s not them, that I love and miss them, they are lovely people and I want them to know I don’t hate them like they must think I do.

Big backward step. Thank god for the nightmare that is immigration otherwise I’d cave in. I”d go back. I can see now how easily this happens when your abuser is in the same country.

But that’s it. The door is closed and my life will continue and I’ll make a new happy some day.

Advice for anyone in a similar position – try your best to find someone to do the contact for you if it’s absolutely necessary because going backwards after so long is f*ing hard.

I’ll pick myself up. Over (detail removed by moderator) of abuse has given me thick skin and I’ll survive.

Sorry for the rant but don’t know anyone else who would understand xx

Lottieblue
      Participant

Hunky I’m so sorry, I’m crying for you 😢

Well done for everything you have achieved, WELL DONE.

Please come back and tell us about your new happy when you can x*x

Eggshells
      Participant

Well done Hunkydory. A bit of an unexpected jolt at the end there! I’m sure you know that your sadness for his relatives will pass, as it has done before. Treat yourself to something that will perk you up. xx

HunkyDory
      Participant

Thank you ladies. @eggshells I’m out on a shopping spree later to spend more of my non existent money 😬 xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content