Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Is this me being oversensitive but alarm bells are ringing loudly.
      He left we’ve had incidents but nothing I couldn’t handle. Recently over a short period of time his talk is increasingly violent. He’s collecting various weapons and more recently one you are not running away from. He knows I don’t like his collection or his talk he knows it terrifies me but he always finishes it with you’re not upsetting me at the moment so you are ok.  Which almost feels like a warning.
      I’m unsure of him his circle has changed.  His view on jail well if he’s  going he’s  making it worth it. So much more but not that can be written on here. I tried to persuade him to hand an item into police but he won’t. Naive of me to think he might. He warned me that police could have got me killed last time so would I want to risk speaking to them again.
      I just want it to be over I’m stuck.
      I’m not even sure this is any kind of abuse or me being over dramatic?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Kip,

I had various people involved in the past not anymore. I think police think hes not much threat. So I took that view too and it made it easier up until recently. Now I’m not so sure what to think.

Now is not the time to be upsetting him and he’s right the police tend to favour him as he’s the charmer and have let him off with loads I have the people skills of a gnat.

I’m not even worried about me just others getting caught up if he goes off on one.

fizzylem
      Participant

His threats are likely empty, but he should not be doing this regardless; and no one actually really knows if one day he will flip his lid either, but we do know he has access to weopons and has spent time thinking about how he could use them.

Better to be safe than sorry in my book, be over cautious than do nothing. At the very least report his threats; he needs to be on their radar and you need to feel that you can call them for help anytime.

Keep taking steps further and further away from him to distance and detach completely x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi questioningmyself

I just wanted to show you some support, I can see that you have already had a really supportive reply from KIP and fizzylem.

You are not being over sensitive. He is using these weapons to scare you and threaten you. This is domestic abuse. I am worrried about your safety and there is a high risk that he may use these weapons. Your partner sounds very dangerous.

Please consider reporting him to the police. The fact that he has weapons at home will make the police take this seriously. You may be able to report the weapons to your local police force anonymously.

Please keep posting to let us know how you are doing, we are all here for you,

Take care

Lisa

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there no you are far from being over sensitive. My oh would jokingly run a knife across my throat or across my jaw, just to show he could. Say things like you don’t know what I’m capable of or the people I know. Would use particular weapons too close for comfort and when they contacted accuse me of moving. You used to be able to ‘handle’ him, but he’s escalating and now you’re ‘handling’ him differently, meanwhile he’s gaining power as there’s no consequences for his behaviour. By threatening to kill you indirectly fir talking to the police is showing how far he’s moved up on the abuse scale. Please try and contact them before he ‘loses’ it.
      Stay safe wishing you the courage to do what you know has to be done.
      Keep posting. Dont be afraid of reaching out, be afraid of not reaching out. Ìm over a year away from my ex, my situation is different but not so different, I never thought I’d leave but I did. Wa helped me and are still helping me.
      You can do this. IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content