Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Does anyone else have issues with dissasociation? I was told it’s my minds way of coping with what is going on at home but I am losing huge chunks of time and appear to have no control over it.

KIP.
      Participant

My therapist says the huge chunks of missing time and memories is due to trauma. Due to blocking the painful memories out.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mine said that one part of my brain carries on while the other part shuts down. Hence why no one notices that I’m not taking anything in cos my responses are normal until you ask me to relay stuff back. She didn’t offer any advice on how to stop it though.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Your find as you talk about whatever u do rememberto your counselor, your brain will slowly unblock whata ever has traumtised u, i had to talk nearly a whole year about my partner trying to kill me, just processing that yes he did actually dothat n*d whilst alking lot of others things which i had just blank out came back to me, i was lucky i had two brill coubsellors and they really made me understand what happned , all the answers are within ourselves i was told, we just need some to listen to us and make us undersstand how it happened , was a real insight for me

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, Mine won’t work on it while he is still here but it’s affecting everything at the moment and he uses it to his advantage saying I said something when I can’t remember either way so I end up feeling like I am losing the plot x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content