Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Feelinglikeafool
      Participant

I just woke up having a panic attack, seriously struggling to breathe, palpitations, hot and cold.

The other day he came to drop off all the stuff I had kept at his house. He then told me he was wondering if he was making a mistake, he loved me etc. We ended up in bed (I know, I know) and within an hour he was cold again. Texted me later on to list all the reasons it was a mistake.

I feel so angry with myself and with him. I’ve blocked him on everything now and know I will stick with no contact because this is the final straw and absolute proof of his cruelty and deranged brain. But I feel awful, wracked with anxiety.

This was a really scary experience. Does anyone have any advice for a natural way to get to sleep and stay calm? I’m scared to sleep again now.

KIP.
      Participant

Definitely talk to your GP. Lots of us are left with PTSD. For months I had the 5am frights. Horrendous waking up in a panic sometimes actually out the bed. Talk it through with professionals and ring the police if he shows up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Feelinglikeafool I’m so sorry you experienced this I used to have panic attacks after I was terrorised by someone who showed unconsented abuse images of me around and in my sleep after my dad passed only to wake up to my partner (detail removed by moderator) (should have realised there was something off then) please don’t be scared to sleep again it’s trauma and stress you’ve been through, the fear of sleeping could put you in a repeated cycle and right now you need more comfort and security than ever, I’m so glad you’ve blocked him from trying to manipulate and mind game you anymore, now is the times for lots and lots of self love and self care, take care of you 💗💞💗

Bee1
      Participant

It’s very frightening waking in this state… but it won’t always be so. It gets less.
      After he left, for quite some time I used to wake up with tears already rolling down my face. I now realise it’s part of the ripples of aftershock that can still occasionally surprise.

So awareness, and consciousness of absolutely necessary methods for healing on a daily basis are now the tip-top priorities.

I keep practicing being in The Right Now.
      Especially when overwhelming feelings happens.
      And simply breathe.
      Strength returns, as it will for you.

Don’t let anyone muddy your waters, keep yourself flowing and focussed, because now it’s all about you. 💓 Sending much love and recovery to us all x

Feelinglikeafool
      Participant

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate your support xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content