Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Poets corner
      Participant

I’ve started to look at places to rent and trying to work out what I can afford. Every time I try and do anything practical to address the situation though, it’s like my brain goes into a panic, I can’t breathe properly and can’t think straight about anything. Why can’t I do this for myself and my children? I’m usually a really practical person who gets on with things, so can’t understand why it’s so difficult?
      It’s like I can’t face up to the situation and feels like it’s all just a bad dream.

White Rose
      Participant

Hi there. I know exactly how you feel, it’s hard.
      I bet you hear his voice telling you you can’t manage without him that you need him to take care of you that you are useless on your own cant manage anything etc etc etc.
      Ignore it. You’re a woman and you are a mum and both those things make you capable of anything 😉 – as long as you believe you can.
      Have you got a plan of what you need to do, if not look as resources on here or phone helpline and talk it through. Then make lists of the things that you need to do and break the steps down into smaller steps – it won’t seem such a massive hurdle that way. The place to live is a big leap but once you’ve found it I can guarantee you’ll feel loads better.
      Have you sought help for the panic? Please do. Chat to your GP maybe? I ended on on medication as I was so overwhelmed by the effects I literally failed to function and it really helped.
      You can do this. We’re here for support whenever you need it xx

Poets corner
      Participant

Thanks – the worrying thing is that I don’t think it’s even his voice any more. It’s my own voice telling me I won’t be able to cope. I don’t feel strong and it’s like a vicious cycle because the more down I feel, the less able to do anything, and then feel more down.
      Yes maybe I should go back to the doctor, I just hate admitting that I can’t cope. But I just need small steps as you say, that is a good idea thanks.

blink
      Participant

Hey Hun

I was in a abusive relationship and the memories dont leave you and can still effect your day to day life I can completely relate hun . When I get so stressed I get into a panick and cant focus your not alone hun . My panic attacks were bad when I first left the relationship and have come and gone over the years but have been bad as of late . When im in major crisis and cant cope my boyfriend is there for me but when hes not around I call Samaritans or victim support that really helps me . xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content