Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Strongenough
      Participant

Struggling today with feeling panicked and anxious. Ex abuser has NHO in place although he’s not abided by the one previously. I have been through a real rollercoaster of emotions the last couple of weeks from feeling strong and resilient to how I feel today.

I have been out of the relationship for a significant period but a recent incident involving him has really set me back and I probably feel as bad as the weeks when I left. I feel like I have had such a set back.

My job is really stressful but normally I cope with it fairly easily, today I felt I could have walked out and never went back. Total opposite of my usual self.

Anyone else had a major set back ages after getting out? I am trying not to let him win by doing this to me again. I am dealing with things through the proper channels but it’s so exhausting and draining.

Even typing this has released some of my anxiety, amazing what an offload can do!

Ariadne
      Participant

Hi Strongenough,

Yes, definitely. I have had this happen multiple times, and I feel myself in a big dip in the rollercoaster right now, even though the relationship also ended some time ago.
      A setback like that can happen almost anytime, and you shouldn’t blame yourself for it. The scars they leave and sometimes the little access they can have can still trigger dormant emotions within you.

I’m glad you posted this, and vented out these feelings. Take a deep breath and remember that you are in control of your own life.

Take care <3

Strongenough
      Participant

Ariadne, Thanks so much for your supportive reply. It’s really helped me after a terrible day ❤

Weemebreeze
      Participant

Hi, I can relate to this so much – I’ve really struggled these past few weeks, I just seem to be sinking lower with every day even though I left a while ago. Work is extremely stressful for me too but I need the money so feel really tied. I think we just need to take one day at a time and remind ourselves that this will pass with time. I really hope you feel better soon! Everyone says it’s a rollercoaster so it’s bound to pick up soon. All the best and sending a hug ❤️

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Yes , totally relate. Was feeling stronger then today email from my solicitor with (detail removed by moderator) has really floored me. I expected it in some ways but I’ve been to hell and back in the (detail removed by moderator) since he was arrested and not sure I have much fight left

Strongenough
      Participant

Thanks everyone it’s awful to think of others going through this. I try to flip my thoughts thinking , “well the brightside is I’m at least out of the relationship and unsafe home I was in.” There has been a long waiting list in my area for WA support worker but I have been referred. Really don’t know how I would have coped these last few weeks without you lovely people to reach out to. My job will always be stressful but I’m trying to flip that thought as well to “its what’s paying for the safe roof over me and my child’s heads. Thanks for listening and taking the time to reply x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content