Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

(detail removed by moderator) I looked at my blocked text messages and there was one from him! It just says please call me we need to talk. I thought he would be angry but I am thinking it’s a front.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Oh he needs to talk all right. Its yo get you to change your mind by whatever means necessary. It might come across as he’s changed but they don’t. Mine has gone from admitting his guilt,to saying I’ve a part to play in this too, which I have, i didn’t abuse him systematically, i tried to stick up for myself, that’s all. He may even say he needs help but it’ll be your help he needs to get help. He’ll get angry, then go down the road of poor me, look at what you’re doing in to me. He’ll say and do anything, don’t underestimate him one but. Also don’t be hard on yourself if you fall fir his machinations. They seem to follow the same manual afterwards just as much as when we lived with them. I can’t leave anything lying around as he goes through it looking fir clues, for what I don’t know. Be very vigilant, listen to your gut, if it doesn’t ring true, it isn’t. Keep posting.
      Best wishes IWMB đź’žđź’ž

KIP.
      Participant

It’s just a ploy to hook you back in. If you don’t fall for it and contact him, you will see the real anger appear. Just give it time x stick to zero contact and don’t get dragged back into his crazy x

KIP.
      Participant

I think it would be good to change your phone number. That way you’re not tempted to look or contact him. Meantime no doubt the messages will get worse so keep them as evidence but don’t reply at all. Further down the line if you do need to involve the police, they will see it as an argument. Change your number as soon as possible. It’s normal to panic. You’re used to jumping to his tune and the repercussions when you don’t. That habit will take time to overcome but you are firmly in charge now x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I now have (detail removed )new messages from him. The first one said he loves me and wants me back, the second one said how can we sort things out if I ignore him and the third one is more like him saying about our marriage vows, the threat of calling the police because I have taken his children and it’s against the law, I will forgive you if you just come back. I haven’t responded

KIP.
      Participant

This is his ploy to hook you back in. They are your children and there is a legal route for him to go through if he wants to see them. Threatening you with the police won’t look good for him and is great evidence so keep that and the others that will no doubt follow. Do you have support from women’s aid? The helpline number on here is helpful for support in the meantime. Do you have a third party that can communicate on your behalf if need be?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Mummygirz, it is understandable that you have been thrown by these messages. If you are not already getting some ongoing support from your local domestic abuse service you can find their details here

The National Domestic Violence Helpline is also available 24/7 on 0808 2000 247.

Keep posting and let us know how how are doing.

Best wishes

Lisa

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content