Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Janedoe123
      Participant

Is it normal to be paranoid. After supposedly sorting things out together (detail removed by moderator) hes gone back to the silent treatment. Hes explained I know he goes quiet when upset. Ok. So what did I do today to upset him other than say good morning? Literally all iv said. I sent photos of my daughters special morning out (detail removed by moderator) too. Its a special day for her. Shes not his and she loathes him anyway. He called her a D..k (detail removed by moderator). But what have I done now? At the same time my best and actually only friend has dropped off the radar too. I think she is sick of me bleating on and asking for support. Is this just paranoia? And does anyone feel like that too sometimes?

KIP.
      Participant

You have done absolutely nothing but he will abuse you anyway. Calling your daughter names is unacceptable. It erodes her confidence and upsets you. He enjoys abusing anD he won’t change. Meanwhile your head is spinning wondering what you’ve done. Nothing.

Janedoe123
      Participant

Thank you. Today I’m trying the ignoring it method. He calls me names too. Last night all relatively sorted. Today back to this. I have the pleasure of his company from (detail removed by moderator) where we need another talk. What about? No clue. I’m on eggshells all the time just when iv relaxed. Hes been reading up too I think. Started using terms like hes on eggshells with me. And other phrases youd only know if you were indeed reading up.

Wants To Help
      Participant

You’ve done nothing wrong Janedoe123. You’re living with an abuser. They abuse.

Put the kettle on
      Participant

It’s what they do, mess with your head and confuse you, make you doubt yourself

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content