Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Plodding
      Participant

Can anyone relate to this ? I feel so paranoid about what my husband might be doing behind my back . I’m not talking about cheating I’m referring to things like everytim something goes missing, or when I’m tired I wonder if he is disturbing my sleep ? I can’t help but mentally accuse him for everything atm a d feel aweful about it , Iv never suffered from this ever before . I think it’s impact of his behaviours ie I had thought he was messing with (detail removed by moderator) when u had gone to bed on several occasions , I feel he has fabricated things, hid things from me, tapped me during the night these are suspicions I know I can’t be certain . But his responses don’t always seem to fit when I have spoken to him about things. I feel he might be making me paranoid or is this just me ? X

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Plodding,

Thank you for sharing with us. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through, it sounds really distressing. Keep posting to us when you can, there is support here from others who understand.

Best wishes,

Lisa

liftingthefog
      Participant

Plodding yes I can completely relate to what your are saying.
      Only in the last (detail removed by Moderator) months (since he has been gone) have I gradually realised that my whole system had been on high alert, even when asleep.
      It’s exhausting …. the nature of what they do.
      Keep safe.
      🤗xx

KIP.
      Participant

It’s gaslighting and it will make you feel crazy. They do this deliberately. Are you in touch with your local womens aid?

Plodding
      Participant

Yes Kip I have spoken to them several times, it’s the doubting that comes in though whenever he is nice and kind so even though I speak to them it never seems enough to make me really really believe it . It doesn’t help when I get (detail removed by Moderator) roses on Valentine’s Day either 🤯. Anyone else experience this today? And not able to take it as fully genuine ? X
      Thank you

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content